Crockpot

Courtney (V00/347) asks about crockpot recipies.  One of my
favorite things to do with a crockpot is to cook beans, and
more to the point, chili!  Take a favorite recipe of yours
and instead of cooking it normall, try tossing it into your
crockpot in the morning and when you get home, YUM!

Bean soups, various casseroles, just about anything you can
think of can be plopped into the pot in the morning for
serving that night.

OTOH, sometimes a quick pasta meal can be on the table
within minutes of your homecoming at night.  My favorite
quickie sauce is just some canned tomatoes into which I add
basil, oregano, garlic powder, and just a pinch of sugar.
Takes five minutes and if you're cooking up some angle hair
pasta, by the time you finish with the sauce the pasta is
ready to go.  Add a small salad and you're set.

Don't forget to add a large pinch of salt to the pasta to
keep it from sticking.

Bev

My Food Coach
"Successful Strategies"