rice pot breakfast

more on travelling with rice pots:
for breakfast - one serving

1/2 - 3/4 cup, depending on appetite, long cooking oats, or
steel cut oats
some dried fruit or your choice, I like raisins and diced
dried apricots
sprinkle of spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever.  You can use
any grain you prefer, some take longer to cook, the
overnight soaking helps.

then use water, or part water and part nonfat milk, we use
soy milk, I buy the individual size carton for travel.

Before going to bed set up the pot with all ingredients
including water, let soak overnight.  In the morning add
soymilk if you use it, turn it on, head for the shower.
I turn the pot off before it thinks it is ready, otherwise
it sometimes get a bit stuck on the bottom. Soak in hot
water to facilitate cleaning.

Jan
lifeafterkids-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx
for interesting, interested women  in the
second half of life and living it well!