bread machines

       I love my bread machine -a christmas surprise from my husband several
years ago!  It is a toastmaster bread and butter (although I've never
actually made butter).  It also has inner attatchments for breadsticks which
is a nice extra.
       I believe the most important thing is a variety of settings:  quick
and light to dark settings, a timer so you can set it up the night before,
and a whole-wheat setting.  I've had lots of fun with it.  There's lots of
recipies available; there are even entire books dedicated to the craft.
Also, try to get a 2 lb. maker.  Even if you do not make 2 lb. loaves often,
you will be thankful for the option.
       Jeannette - knee deep in snow in PA