Happy New Year

Hiya folks, Happy New Year from your list owner.  The list software is
old and I knew it would come out as volume 00, but frankly, I decided
to just leave it be.  It will have a bigger Y2K problem in 2095 or so,
where it will reuse Volume 95, but I figure that gives me 95 years to
prepare for it.  :-)

Appropriately, I had new years eve dinner at the famous vegan San
Francisco restaurant: Millenium.  The 5 course dinner was awesome as
usual, the soup featured matsutake mushrooms, and being a thorough
mushroom fan, I chose the mushroom risotto as my entree -- it was made
with black thai rice, and had wild mushrooms as well as shavings of
black and white truffles, in a reduced pinot noir sauce.  The black
mass wasn't as picturesque as the rest of the dinner, but eating it
was heavenly.

In other news, a friend of mine is building a web site focused on
vegetarian restaurants worldwide: www.VegEats.com I'm hosting it on my
machine for now, and he has only just started working on it.  He's
cataloged links to quite a few mini-lists of restaurants, but in the
end will create a database of locations that can be updated by web
users and allow comments.  He's a whiz bang programmer, so
it should work out well in the end, given time.

--
Michelle Dick       artemis@xxxxxxxxx       East Palo Alto, CA