Re: FATFREE Digest V00 #16

In a message dated 1/16/2000 6:18:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 10:17:32 -0500
 From: The O'Briens <obfam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: Low Carb

 Hi!  I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions or recipes for low-carb bread.
 . . I love bread but have to work hard at eating too much because of all
 the carbohydrates.  Same with pastas!  I appreciate any responses.

 Chelsea >>
Well a cookbook I have ( lo carb one) recommends Ezekiel Bread @12grams..
suggests storing it in the Freezer, and then having just one slice.. For
Pasta, try spaghetti Squash..which as a squash, is pretty tasteless, but
substitutes very well for Pasta.. The author also , using a potato peeler,
peels strips of Zuchinni, and uses that in  a pasta type recipe :)
                                            Merrick