Portabello Sandwiches

We've had these sandwiches several times recently. I really like the marinade and will be using it instead of my "standard" because it doesn't have any sweetener in it. Karen originally submitted this recipe in 1998. Kathleen

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                          Portabello Sandwiches

Recipe By     : Fatfree list, 1998
Categories    : Grilling                         Sandwiches
                Vegetables                       Sauces And Marinades

                        portabello mushrooms
                        cut into 1/2 inch slices
                        vidalia onions
                        cut into 1/2 inch sliced
                        crusty rolls
                        ***MARINADE***
   1      cup           soy sauce
   1                    lime -- juice of
   3      cloves        garlic -- minced, up to 4
   1      1" piece      ginger root -- grated fine

Slice portabello mushrooms into 1/2 inch slices and vidalia onions into 1/4 inch slices. Prepare marinade and marinate for a half hour to overnight.

Cook on a grill until vegetables are done. Serve on a crusty roll (I like poppyseed) with a sprinkle of ff parmesan and a bit of promise ultra nonfat margarine. enjoy! :)

We also love this marinade for grilled zucchini

Posted to fatfree digest V98# 219 by Drett@xxxxxxxxx (Karen) on Aug 8, 1998, converted by MC_Buster.