Oat Bran Banana Muffins

Recently someone here was looking for oat bran muffin recipes. I have many of them and I think most came from the archives to this list. Here is a new one to me. I haven't made it yet since I rarely buy Lighter Bake. Well, I bought it and used it once and then finally threw it out because it was getting old. I think I will buy it again though, just to try these. Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                         Oat Bran Banana Muffins

Recipe By     : CHIRRP Times, No. 18, 2000
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    :
   2                    egg whites
     3/4  cup           light brown sugar
     1/4  cup           Lighter Bake
   1      cup           mashed ripe bananas -- up to 1/3
     1/2  cup           raisins
   1      teaspoon      vanilla extract
   1 1/2  cups          all-purpose flour
     1/2  cup           oat bran
   2      teaspoons     baking powder
     1/2  teaspoon      baking soda
   1      teaspoon      ground cinnamon
     1/4  teaspoon      salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 muffin cups or use paper baking cups. Beat egg whites and sugar. Beat in bananas. Stir in raisins, Lighter Bake and vanilla. Sift flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt together. Stir oat bran into dry ingredients. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients until just moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with your favorite fruit preserves. Makes 12 muffins: 175 calories, less than one gram of fat per muffin.