Tomatoes Stuffed with Spinach Pesto

I haven't tried this, but as soon as my tomatoes turn to red I will. Not to
offend there is cheese / chicken broth which I'm sure there is a vegan
substitute for. Omit the pine nuts to make lower in fat/calories

Tomatoes Stuffed with Spinach Pesto
Makes 4 servings
Source: Detroit Free Press (Bethany Thayer, RD for Heart Smart for the Free
Press Test Kitchen

4 large ripe tomatoes (2 lbs.)
1/2 10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed & drained
1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup ff grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup ff chicken brooth
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 1/2 cup cold cooked orzo

Remove the cores from the tomatoes. Place stern side down. Cut each to
resemble a flower by slicing into 8 wedges almost through to the bottom;
spread wedges slight apart; set aside

In a food processor or blender combine the spinach, basil, cheese, chicken
broth, garlic and black pepper. Process until smooth. Place in a bowl. Stir
in the pine nuts and orzo. Spoon into the reserved tomato flowers.

Calories: 213 (31% from fat); 7 gram fat;
Teresaeiben@xxxxxxxxxxx