From: fatfree-nd-request@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fatfree-nd-request@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jan Gordon
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2000 09:32
To: fatfree
Cc: MCBEAGS@xxxxxxx
Subject: flaxseeds

Flax seeds are very hard and cannot be digested in their whole state.  You
need to grind them, either in a clean coffee grinder, or a blender, I use my
industrial strength blender, works fine.  Please, keep them in the fridge,
and buy only from store that keeps them in the fridge.  Sprinkle on cereal
or salad, etc.  They don't have a strong flavor, sort of nutty.
As an alternative, I buy flax seed oil, again, only from a store that keeps
it refrigerated and then I keep it the same, and use it up within a few
weeks.  I use it for salad dressings.
The oil and the ground seeds should not be heated at this will kill off the
benefits.
Jan