nutritional yeast

Nicole,

I can't believe a health food store would laugh at anyone about this
product.  This is a good source of vitamin B12 for strict vegans.  You can
order it from the Dixie Diner web link below.  It's a long URL and some mail
servers embed a line break in the middle instead of a word wrap.  If you
have trouble accessing this page, try removing the line break or just go to
http://www.dixiediner.com and do a search for nutritional yeast.

http://www.dixiediner.com/cgi-bin/WebShop.cgi?config=/usr/www/users/rstevens
/dixie/config.txt&uid=141.167.2.46962389363&command=link--seasonings

Order info is # T6635, Nutritional Yeast Flakes - 1 lb.for $10.99 (US
dollars).  It may seem expensive but a pound of these flakes is a LOT.

Here's the write-up on it for those uneducated people in your health-food
store.  I use it in place of cheese sprinkled on salads and in a fake cheese
sauce for grains or nacho chips (baked, of course). Enjoy.

Long been considered the meatless eaters nutritional helper... A good source
of protein and of B-12 and a good source of niacin, pyridoxine (B6)
hydrochloride, thiamine hydrochloride (B1) , riboflavin (B2). Makes great
nutty and cheese-like taste in dishes. Just add a few tablespoons to your
soups, and casseroles, or sauces or simply mix it with your juice. ANIMAL,
SUGAR AND DAIRY FREE. Kosher. 3 Tablespoons provide less than 1 gram of fat,
47 calories and 320 mg of potassium, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein, 5 mg sodium.

Susan Swierkowski
susan.swierkowski@xxxxxxxxx