RE: Aussie Nutritional Yeast

Christine wrote:

I wonder what you've been eating!!!
Brewer's Yeast is NOT even remotely the same thing as nutritional yeast!!
<BLECK & GAG>
Try looking up Dixie Diner and ordering some.
I'd be interested to hear what you find and what the difference is in what
you make with it!

<grinning> Now you've got me wondering as well. OK, the NYF I found the first time were a flaky, almost powdery pale yellow substance. The box said it was NYF. The other health food store we tried swore that Brewer's Yeast is the same. I noticed that it was more powdery, but smelt the same and tasted the same, perhaps a bit saltier. To be honest, I could never understand why people called it cheesy, it was very disappointing in that regard.

And thanks for the site, the Aussie-US dollar isn't exactly great right now to be ordering things from the States, does anyone know of a similar site in Australia?

Karen