SF restaurants

I hope lots of people answer Ariela and suggest low-fat, vegetarian,
inexpensive restaurants in San Francisco. We have found it very easy to
do vegetarian across the bay in "the city," but not easy to find low-fat
meals.

One of the best vegetarian restaurants we've found is Joubert's (not far
from the ocean and Golden Gate Park, I think on Judah), a South-African
restaurant. They always have some dishes that are very low in fat. Most,
but not all, are vegan. The menu is excitingly different from most
restaurants. Prices are not exorbitant, but the restaurant isn't cheap.

The Millennium Restaurant, near the Civic Center in the Abigail Hotel,
is mostly vegan, but quite expensive. Food is wonderful, however, and
they can always have two or three entrees that are very low in fat.

Also near the Civic Center (at 1298 Market) is the Anande Vegetarian
Restaurant, which is cheap, but the one or two low-fat entrees are not
very interesting.

We have yet to try Herbivore on Valencia Street, but understand it is
vegan-friendly and cheap. We don't know how easy it is to order low-fat
food there.
--
Karen Rosenbaum