Ginger Vegetables

From:  The Quick and Easy Organic Gourmet
This is good over rice with an extra splash of Tamari sprinkled over it.

Ginger Vegetables

1 T. mirin
1 tsp. tamarri or umeboshi vinegar
a dab if you wish of sesame oil (I think that is allowed on this list in dab
quantity, I think it can be left out of this recipe, no prob.)
1/2 cup water
2 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
1 carrot, sliced into match sticks
6-8 inch daikon radish or piece, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
5 cabbage leaves, sliced into thin bite-size pieces
5 kale leaves, cut into bite-sized pieces

Heat wok or fry pan, add mirin, (dab oil if used), water and tamari.  Then
add ginger, daikon and carrot.  Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.  Add celery,
kale and cabbage.  Cover and cook for 5 minutes.  Taste and adjust the
seasonings or cook longer if you want the vegetables more tender.

Improvisations:
1. You can change the vegetable combination to leeks, carrots, celery, turnip
and Chinese cabbage.
2. Make up your own vegetable combinations.  Choose at least 1 green leafy
vegetable or sea vegetable.

Serves 4-6; Time:  12 minutes