Carrot Salad

I just made this salad, and it really tastes good.  It is from Laurel's
Kitchen Recipes by L. Robertson, C. Flinders, and B. Ruppenthal.  I'll write
it just as it is in the book.

CARROT SALAD

We used to drown carrot salad in mayonnaise, but we like this version much
better.  If the carrots aren't very sweet, grate apples in too.  Or, for a
carrot slaw, substitute grated cabbage for half the carrots.  For a savory
version, omit the raisins and orange zest and add finely chopped parsley and
chives insead.

Mix well.  Makes 3 (plus ) cups, to serve 4.

3 cups carrots, grated fine
1/2 cup raisins or currants
1/2 cup orange juice
1 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. each:  zest of orange and lemon

I grated the carrots and 1 apple in the food processor.  Mixed 1/2 cup
raisins, the  o.j. and 1 T. lemon juice.  I didn't use the zest, but I
sprinkled chives and parsley over the top since I have an herb garden this
year.  Those 4 servings would be quite substantial.  Hint:  Jumbo Thompson
seedless raisins are wonderful.

Barbara in FL