Re:Eggplant

Sally asked:
>Can anyone tell me if the smaller (I think they are oriental) eggplants
>taste different than the big purple ones I see in the stores?

YES!  I thought they were Japanese, but the 'veggie man' at the grocery
store said they were the more common Chinese variety.  (Oops!  The ones I
am referring to are long and 'zucchini-shaped' with a pale purple skin.
Hope they are the same.)

The flavour is almost sweet, the texture similar but with a bit less
moisture.  There is NO bitterness at all, and the skin is tender as well.
I recommend these over and above the big guys...they are very palatable
indeed.

Sharon
S. McCleave BSc.(Hons)Ost
Osteopath
Ruth Pettle Wellness Centre, Toronto, Ontario