Re: Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup

Just made a fat-free favorite (those of us on the list for 5 or so years
probably remember it) for the fall/winter weather.

Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup

I put all in my big, new crockpot and dinner is ready when I am (about 4-6
hours, depending on crockpot high or medium or low setting):

1.  1 can whole tomatoes (low sodium), with juice (once deep in crockpot,
squeeze tomatoes to prevent juice from squirting out)

2.  2-3 onions, chopped

3.  1-2 jars V-8 Juice (low sodium)

4.  Several carrots, chopped (use lots if you like veggies)

5.  Several celery stalks, chopped

6.  1-2 cans kidney beans

6.  1 package frozen peas

7.  1 can crushed or cubed (chopped) pineapple

8.  1/2 juice lemon, plus pulp, cut (but not skin)

9.  No-salt seasoning, to taste and a bit of marjoram and some garlic
(original recipe called for fresh minced but my powdered worked just fine)

Then, after several hours, when veggies are almost tender, add as much fresh
cabbage, chopped, as will fit.  I used about 3/4 head.

De-e-e-e-licious on a cold day with toast or warm rolls or ?  Freezes well
and lasts a while in the frig.

Enjoy!

Susan