grapenuts crust

Hiya Jeanette!

Like Ruth mentions, it is wise to prebake the pie crust but NOT if the
filling needs to bake as well.

When I make any cooked pie, the crust is firm enough to take the filling
first and bakes along nicely as a complete pie in the oven.

For a cold filling (like a pudding or some cheesecakes), I prebake the
crust at 375F for 8-10 minutes.  After it cools for a few minutes, the
filling can be added and the whole pie chilled.

Sharon
S. McCleave BSc.(Hons)Ost
Osteopath
Ruth Pettle Wellness Centre, Toronto, Ontario