REC: Baked Onion Rings

I tried these tonight and they were very good besides being quick and easy. I ate two servings as a side dish. 4 rings weren't quite enough :)

Natalie in Milwaukee
natalie.frankel@xxxxxxxxxx

BAKED ONION RINGS
Source: Taste of Home Magazine Winter 2000
Servings: 6

1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes - *note
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 large sweet onions
Egg substitute equivalent to 2 eggs

In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside. Cut onions into 1/2 inch-thick slices. Separate into rings, saving small rings for another use. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg substitute until frothy. Dip onion rings into egg, then into crumb mixture, coating well. Place in a single layer on baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonfat cooking spray.

Bake at 375% for 15-20 mins. or until onions are tender and coating is crispy.
Note: I used Arrowhead Mills Perfect Harvest Multi-grain Cereal flakes that I crushed.
Note: Adjust seasonings to your liking; use less salty seasonings if desired.

Per serving (per Master Cook):
Cal	  54.6
Fat	     .2g (2.5%CFF)
Carbo	  11.3g