Re: Frozen Tofu

Karen Jupiter wrote:

> Has anyone ever frozen tofu and defrosted it before cooking?  I have
> heard that it gives the tofu an interesting and crunchy consistency.

I do this a lot.  Drain the excess water and squeeze out as much as you
can; wrap the tofu so it doesn't get freezer burn and freeze.  Thaw and
slice.  The frozen tofu will lose its creamy consistency and become more
solid/rubbery.  (In this case "rubbery" is a good thing!)  You can
marinade it or use as is in place of other protein in soups, chili; or
cover with crumbs and bake.