Re: Rice Flour Bread

Pat Hubley wrote:

> I too have a wheat sensitivity and hope there are some other folks out there
> that
> have some ideas. I bought some spelt flour to try making some breads, but
> haven't got to it yet. Has anyone tried making cornbread using spelt flour?
> I thought that might be good.

I do not have celiac disease, but I've read about it and have a friend who has
it.  So, if you are sensitive to wheat, be careful with spelt, kamut barely,
rye, oats, and triticale, these are related to wheat and all contain gluten
(for a little more info see:
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Oasis/3820/gsfaq2.html#glute).  If your
are not sensitive to spelt you will find that it is a very good substitute for
wheat when baking.  I also tried a quinoa quick bread recipe on the back of my
quinoa flour bag and it was delicious and not as crumbly as things I've made
and had with rice flour.  Other flours you might try are amaranth and millet.

Charity