Re: thanks and intro

Gena wrote:

> thank you to everyone who has given me such great advice with fat free
> cheese!  i do so appreciate the experience of the list.  i'm also getting
so
> many great recipes from you all, i'll never go hungry for lack of ideas!

Glad to be of help. Have you explored the archives yet, Gena?
www.fatfree.com. The best collection of fatfree recipes on earth! 8-)

> i am 42 and have developed hypertension in the last year while i was
> pregnant with my son, and it did not come down after he was born.

Oh my. A baby at 41. Wishing you much happiness and strength 8-). Sorry
about the PIH, that really sucks. Did you end up with an induction?

so, i've
> been on hbp meds, but want to get off, so i'm following dean ornish's
> program, which is a very low fat (10%) vegetarian diet, exercise, yoga and
> meditation (to reduce stress).  so far i'm actually enjoying it!  i feel
> like i'm paying more attention to the details of life, which makes it that
> much more interesting!

It is. If we only have time to stop and notice.

> i plan on eating this way for the rest of my life, not as a 'diet', but a
> lifestyle.  i'm so happy this list exists because it's exactly the type of
> support i need.

It's a great group, and I'm so happy Michelle is back in the saddle again.

> i'd love to hear about the other list members!

I'm 39, I have two little guys aged 5 and 2, and I joined FatFree many years
ago when I was on a McDougall kick 8-). I have now settled into a reasonably
lowfat lacto-ovo vegetarian lifestyle. I have found that for *my own
personal way of life*, it was better to ease up on the extreme fatfree
position (although I feel it should be maintained for the purposes of
posting on this list), and have, as I posted before, small amounts of good
stuff rather than large amounts of ersatz, which is often (albeit not
always) junk. I do love the Yves Veggie Cuisine stuff while I can't stand
the thought of eating meat, though, so it just goes to show that consistancy
is not required to be happy 8-).

The trick, of course, is to savour the good stuff in small quantities and
not load up on it. But that is a subject for a different list 8-).

Be well, Hadass in Winnipeg