soup

One of our favorites is to fill the crockpot about 1/2 full of water and =
add veggie buillion or flavorings of your heart!  (Italian would be =
basil, oregano, garlic, parsley!), then put in a can of chopped tomatoes =
(when it's cold enough to enjoy soup we don't have decent fresh =
tomatoes!, then chop a stalk or two of celery, 3-4 carrots, an onion, a =
handfull of frozen corn kernels, chopped broccoli and/or cauliflower, =
then stir it all up and fill up the crock pot, use salt and peppper at =
the end of the cooking.  We also like to add a little barley and maybe =
some uncooked noodles - when it's been simmering all day, squeeze the =
juice of a lemon in and add a can of navy beans - really a treat with =
cornbread!

"Your sole contribution to the world is the best you give of yourself."
from Jim & Diana