Re: hors d'oeuvres recipes

> I haven't had much luck searching the archives or the net for low-fat
> hors d'oeuvres recipes.  I hope you folks can help me out with a few
> simple, and tasty, ideas.  Hummus and pita bread are already on my list.

 I just had a party that was all finger foods, and this is what I served that
qualifies as low fat:

sushi (veggie rolls with asparagus)
mushroom-tofu pate with crackers and breadsticks
hummus (of course!)  :-)
roasted and marinated mushrooms (you can do this with a spray of olive oil and
minced garlic; roast for about 15 minutes and then toss with a little bit of
balsamic vinegar and salt)
crudités -- raw cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and grape tomatoes with a ranch
dip (made with lowfat soymilk and reduced fat silken tofu; see
http://www.veganconnection.com/recipes/vegan_ranch_dressing.htm or use the
Hidden Valley Ranch mix.)

The sushi was the tremendous hit of the party.  Big hunter-men were standing
around gobbling it down and asking where to get seaweed!  If you already know
how to make it, I recommend it, but if not, it's probably not practical to spend
a lot of time learning the technique if you need it in a hurry.  Here's one of
the many webpages that give detailed instructions with photos:
http://the-nigros.com/notes/lessons/sushi/making.html

The Mushroom-Tofu Pate can be found here:
http://www.vegsource.com/talk/beginner/messages/1625.html .  I *highly*
recommend it.

Susan