Re: Beano

On Mon, 9 July 2001, jan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 08:18:21 -0400
> From: "Jan Gordon" <jan@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: gassy beans
>
> We have found that the product Beano works nicely.  Actually dh gets more
> gas these days from tempeh and tofu than from well soaked, well cooked
> beans, go figure.  And I tend to get more gas from lots of refined flours,
> breads, etc.
> Jan

Jan,
 From the Vegetarian Resource Group of June 2000 http://www.vrg.org/vrgnews/2000jun.htm):
"It came as quite a surprise recently when we learned that Beano, a product touted for its gas relieving abilities, was made with fish gelatin. The gelatin, used as a processing aid and enzyme stabilizer, is an ingredient in both the liquid and tablet forms of the product. It seems odd that they would use an ingredient that would exclude their possible vegetarian customers."

Thought you might like to know.

Diane
sanctuarynw@xxxxxxxxxxxx

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life