Re:V01 #169, Potato Salads

For the inquiry about cooking potato salad without no-fat mayo, I would use
either non-fat yogurt or even non-fat sour cream, with maybe dill; or chives
or possibly whipped silken tofu (ff-kind).  If you put the kind of tofu that
comes in a cardboard-ish box, the soft silken variety, in a food processor
and blend it for several minutes, it has the consistency of mayonaisse
without the cholesterol or fat....its good for whipped cream too!
Also, I'm from Detroit, and our paper, the Free Press had an article recently
about potato salads for summer picnics, the recipes arent fat free, but they
should be relatively easy to make adjustments to....check it out :
"http://www.freep.com/features/food/potrec19_20010619.htm";
they have some good suggestions for spice combinations and condiments in
salads!
Anyone have any good appetizer ideas for the fourth?
Also, does anyone have any good current recipes? We have our first generous
harvest this summer from our garden, but we have more than we know what to do
with! :)
Thanks!
Rebecca Carney
Bunny3703@xxxxxxx