Cranberry-Raisin bread

Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:36:26 -0800
From: "tradams" <tradams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Trying to find a recipe for a cranberry raisin bread.

I have been really searching a company that makes a vegan style =
cranberry raisin bread or a recipe for it.  I bought this bread machine =
and do not know how to work it properly.

Here's the raisin bread recipe I use with my bread machine. Seems to me
you could add cranberries, but you might want to add a little sugar, since
the cransberries are so tart.

Put in the bread machine container in this order:
	7-9 oz. water
	1/2 teaspoon salt
	1 1/2 tablespoons applesauce or a product like Bake Light
	1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
	1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
	1 1/2 cups unbleached white bread flour
	1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
	1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Set and start the bread machine according to instructions. Set a timer to
remind you when the bread machine will start its last "kneading"  before
the last rise. Then add:
	1/2 cup raisins
	1/2 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped

Please consider this recipe experimental-I am sure it will need adjusting
for your particular bread machine. I hope you enjoy your bread machine----I
think mine is great fun. V. H.

V. H. Jergens
vhj@xxxxxxx