rhubarb

I've been making "rhubarb and strawberries" for more years than I care to count. Take about 0.75 to 1.0 lb. of rhubarb, wash and cut into 1.5 to 2.0 inch pieces. Cover the bottom of a large pot with water, put the rhubarb in the pot, bring the water to a boil and then reduce the temperature to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook until the rhubarb is soft to very soft depending on how you like it. Add 1 large package of sliced frozen strawberries and mix in well until strawberries are fully melted. Add sugar to taste. I've never tried artificial sweetener or honey but I don't see why they can't be used. Serve cold.
Marion Cohen