Fast lunch

Okay, Monica, I agree with you, but sometimes we just have to be people.

So, let's get down to lunch.

When I still worked outside the home I'd take this dish with me at least
once or twice a week.  Cooking time is 30 minutes.

What you need:

2 cups water
1 cup of lentils (red, green, whatever)
1 medium potato, cubed
1 carrot, diced
1/2 medium onion, diced

curry powder to taste (optional)
oregano to taste (optional)
whatever to taste (optinal)

What to do with what you've got:

Bring water to boil.
Add all ingredients in any order.
Turn the heat down to a simmer.
Cover and cook for 30 minutes.

Simple enough?  But hearty.

This, obviously, is a dish that you can do ahead of time.  In fact, like
most dishes of this kind, it is better if used the next day.

A favorite condiment is one or two drops of sesame oil.  The fat intake is
insignificant, the flavor impact is fantastic.

Ciao...Bev