snacks

> I just joined the list before the holidays and wanted to introduce myself.
> My name is Dina and I am from Toronto, Canada.  I have gone through the
> archives and found amazing recipes.  However, I was unable to find
fat-free
> snacking options.  I am also interested in easy fat-free muffin recipes.
>
> Thanks in advance for your support!
>
> Cheers,
> Dina

Oh, I think there are lots of muffins in the archives.

Snacks, very important topic.

Spreads are good. You can make yummy spreads using a bean base, any white
bean is good.  Use canned or home cooked.  Puree in a food processor until
very smooth and season with herbs of choice, and/or mustard.  I like
dillweed, thinly sliced scallions, other herbs, etc.  Use this spread on
rice crackers, or as a dip for raw veggies.

Tofu "egg" salad is popular at my house, too.  Thoroughly drain lowfat tofu,
then crumble and mash, I put it into the food processor and then add lots of
mustard, you can add in fatfree mayo, too, herbs if you like, salt and
pepper to taste.
Again, good on crackers or as a dip for celery or other raw veggies.

Fatfree homemade tortilla chips,
take a few corn tortillas, place on the wire rack of a preheated oven, say
375 degrees, whatever, leave in the oven just a few minutes, watching
closely, until lightly browned.  Take out using tongs, cool, and break into
pieces.  Use with your favorite salsa.

Hope that helps,
Jan, oldtimer here