Spiced Baked Fruit Redux

Yeah, I got the same thing: empty messages.  I'll try sending this recipe
again.

Here's a yummy dessert recipe I rediscovered in my Mother's collection.
Apparently I gave it to her years ago, but I don't remember it!  Anyhow I
made it Saturday night for my movie group crowd (dessert lovers all), and
they loved it.  The recipe served about 10 people, with a dollop of vanilla
ice cream or Tofutti "ice cream" on top.  Or could have FF whipped topping
but I liked it with the Tofutti.  Note that the recipe itself (can't speak
for the ice cream!) has no fat and no added sugar (only what resides in the
fruits and juices).  Festive but very, very easy.  I made it in advance and
refrigerated the dish until dinner was half over.

Spiced Baked Fruit

1 14-1/2 oz can pineapple chunks, drained, save juice
1 13-1/2 oz can mandarin orange sections, drained
3 med apples, cored & sliced
1/2 cup raisins or currents
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 sm can (6 oz) tangerine or orange juice*
1/3 cup minute tapioca
3 bananas, sliced, optional

Simmer apple slices in tangerine and pineapple juices until tender.  Add
raisins and spices.  Stir in tapioca and stir until thickened.  Add oranges,
pineapple, bananas, and pour into a 13 x 9" baking dish and garnish with
orange slices, if desired.  Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes until
glazed.

*Couldn't find tangerine juice per se, so I bought a can of frozen
OJ-tangerine juice concentrate and scooped out a big dollop and added water
to the 6-oz mark.  The rest of the can is waiting in the freezer for me to
make this yummy dish again!

Enjoy!

Ruth

Ruth C. Hoffman
rch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:rch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Language Resources
138 Oak Street
Lake Zurich, IL  60047-1322
Tel: 847.726.1608
Fax: 413.653.2679

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes."  --Marcel Proust