gomashio

> way....  Also, if you ever go into health food
> stores there is something called gomasio.
> It does have salt so you have to go easy.
> It is mostly crushed sesame seeds.  You could also
> 'pan pop' some seeds and crush them plain
> and keep handy.

Gomashio

 From How It All Vegan!

A simple yet wonderful japanese condiment.  Very addictive and satisfying,
use it as a topping for any recipe or in place of salt on cooked vegetables
or in salads and soups.

1 cup raw sesame seeds
1-2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp kelp powder (most recipes I've seen don't have this)

In a dry frying pan, heat the sesame seeds, salt and kelp on medium-high
heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly until seeds start to pop and
brown.  Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.  Place in a blender,
food processor, or coffee grinder and grind for 3 seconds.  You don't want
the seeds to become powdered, just lightly ground up.  Store in a sealable
container.  Makes 1 cup.

Now, as to the veggies seasonings, I'd take bottles of this, Old Bay and one
of the Mrs. Dash blends.  Rubbermaid makes nice little salt and pepper
plastic containers that I use all the time!  If you want a butter flavor,
butter buds are pretty good too.  (It does have real butter in it, so it's
not vegan, but it is really low fat!)

JJ