sour yogurt cheese

 Julie, What kind of yogurt did you use to make your yogurt cheese?  If the
original yogurt is sour at all, it will be intensified in the more
concentrated form, the yogurt cheese.  I had a problem when I first started
making my own yogurt with it turning out kind of sour and runny, but when I
add powdered milk to the skim milk, it sets up nicer and I believe the
sourness was due to me adding too much starter (I never measure things!).
I don't know what to do to change sour yogurt to a normal flavor, I just
sweetened it to cover it up.
I don't know if this helps or not.  Let me know if it turns out OK.

Jill Bankus
Hershey Medical Center/PSU