Tomato-Fennel salad

I just made this salad the other day, it was lovely. It takes advantage of
summer-ripE tomatoes. I used a bit of olive oil in the dressing, but I
substituted apple juice here, for the list. However you do your dressings
would probably be just fine. You can substitute other fresh herbs, but do
use fresh. It makes all the difference.

TOMATO-FENNEL SALAD

4-5 vine ripe tomatoes (I used a mixture of red and yellow Romas)

1/2-1 bulb fennel (also called finnochio, or florence fennel), sliced as
thinkly as possible, and sprinkled with lemon juice to preserve color (I
used a mandolin/slicer to really get it thin)

1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced

1 teaspoon fresh marjoram, chopped

dash of salt, pepper, and sugar

Few teaspoons of apple or lemon juice to moisten.

Mix everything, and let sit at toom temp at least half and hour to meld.

.  .  .  .  A S H A  D O R N F E S T  .  .  .  .

Author, Do-It-Yourself Web Publishing with Word
See: http://www.dnai.com/~asha/webpub.htm