Phoney Bacon

Back in '75 while I was staying with some vegetarian friends in Burbank, we
fried up a lot of phoney bacon for sandwiches, and I loved it. Dunno what
it was called, but it was crispy and yummy. I really missed it when I came
back home.

I have never seen it in Toronto, though I have tried the small package of
breakfast strips the Big Carrot sells - it looks different, smells okay,
tastes like sawdust, and sags on the sandwich. Sigh.

Any solutions? Also, would anyone be familiar with the 7th Day Adventist
store up in the Finch/Bathurst area? If so, please e-mail me or discuss
through the group, whichever you prefer.

Sylvia   8-)  +

Sylvia Genders LeReverend <>< sylvia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <>< "Carve your name on
the hearts of others - not on marble." --Anonymous" <><