Beans (Elizabeth Ruksznis)

Hi Elizabeth,
A book , I highly recommend on the subject, is Jay Solomon's
"Lean Bean Cuisine" covering everything you want to know regarding
bean cookery. This will get you started. I did not like lentils that
much until I found this recipe.
Green Lentils with Garlic and Ginger
8 oz uncooked green lentils
2 bunches green onions
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 inch cube of ginger grated
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground corriander
salt to taste.
1. Cook lentils until all water absorbed, set aside.
2. In a pan saute green onions, garlic, ginger and cumin seeds in a
   vegetable broth.
3. Once sauted, add lentils and rest of spices.
Regards, Monique