Oven Dried Tomatoes

This works great!  I used this over the holiday with my surplus
plum tomatoes.

OVEN DRIED TOMATOES

4 lbs plum (Roma) tomatoes (more or less)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Preheat oven to lowest setting.

Wash, remove stems and slice plum tomatoes in half lengthwise.
Place skin side down on a wire rack and sprinkle with mixture of
salt and sugar.  Place rack on a cookie sheet in the oven and
bake for 12 to 14 hours.  They will shrivel, turn dark red, and
the skins will toughen.  Let cool and store in an airtight
container in the freezer until ready to use.

These are great diced in salads, bean salads, on pizza and over
vanilla frozen yoghurt.

--
Tom Collins
tcollins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx