Colcannon revisited

After finding the colcannon recipe in the archives, I read the recipe in
_The New Laurel's Kitchen_ and came up with the following to take to
today's vegetarian potluck at work:

Colcannon

3 small sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
4 small russet potatoes, peeled, cubed
6 cups chopped kale (6-7 leaves)
1/2 large yellow onion, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste (in my case, none at all)

Steam the potatoes until cooked enough to mash; mash, mixing in enough
of the "potato" water to make for a smooth consistency. Steam the kale
separately. When done, drain well. Saute the onion until translucent in
enough potato water to keep it from sticking to the pan. Add the kale,
parsley, onion, salt, and pepper to the mashed potatoes. If desired,
place in an oven-proof casserole dish and broil until the top is just
beginning to brown.

Makes 8-10 servings.