Low fat margarine

I'm not sure about the low fat spreads over in America but here in Britain
the nearly all contain gelatine (ground up animals....yuck!) . Big problem
for veggies ! It is really difficult to find an animal free low fat or
virtually fat free margarine /spread. Do you lot in America also have this
problem or are you lucky enough to have a brand that is veggie ? It is
also sometimes difficult to find veggie bread as many brands contain E147e
which can come from an animal source if veggie is not stated on the
packet. Although veggie food is on the increase in supermarkets here I
still find this really anoying! manufacturers sneak animals into
everything it seems ! (B***dy murderers!)
Anyway, enough of a rant ! I was just wandering if any of you have this
frustrating problem ?!
Charlie