Rice Crispy Treats

Rcaap asked about vegan marsmallows. This recipe for Rice Crispy Treats is
one I got in a macrobiotic cooking class I was in several years ago, and
although it doesn't call for marshmallows people who like sweet stuff might
enjoy it.

Shawn Lovley
-------------------------------------------------------- 1 box brown rice
crispies
1 1/2 cups barley malt or rice syrup
1 Tbs. white miso
1/2 cup currants
1 cup toasted, chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix malt, miso, and tahini, in a small sauce pan. Bring toa boil (carefully)
onmedium low heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Pour rice crispies into a
large bowl and add currants and walnuts on top. Pour hot syrup over this
mixture and mis thoroughly and quickly. Press into a pyrex dish, which is
either oiled or slightly dampened or very cold. Let sit for 1/2 hour, cut,
and remove from pan.