Lasagna Rolls with Spinach and Ricotta

 Hi, folks -
       I've been a lurker for longer than I want to admit.   But I've
loved reading your  recipes, have   added many to my files, and I've
learned a lot from your suggestions to each other.
     Now I have a recipe that I like - it's pretty to look at and one even your SAD friends might  enjoy  without ever suspecting  they're eating
low-fat. I've adapted it from a recipe I clipped from a magazine several
years ago.

                    LASGNA ROLLS WITH SPINACH AND RICOTTA

     8    lasagna noodles
      1/3 cup egg beaters or egg substitute  - original recipe called for
one egg              and one egg white
      2   10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked  according to
            package directions, and squeezed dry
       8 oz. fat-free ricotta cheese (or a rather dry  fat-free cottage cheese as                         opposed to one that is very creamy)
       1/4 cup fat-free  Parmesan cheese
       3 cloves garlic, minced
       1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
        1/8 tsp nutmeg
        3/4 tsp grated orange zest, divided
        1-1/2 cups canned  crushed tomatoes
        2 tsp flour
        1/2 tsp salt
         1/4 tsp sugar
        1/4 tsp  cinnamon
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Be careful not to
overcook - they must be firm to hold their shape when you roll them.
Cover with cold water to stop the cooking. When cool enough to handle,
remove noodles from the water,  lay out on clean towel, and cover with another towel until you're ready to fill them.
    In a large bowl, combine   the egg  substitute,  spinach, fat-free
ricotta, fat-free  Parmesan, garlic, pepper, nutmeg and 1/4 tsp of the
orange zest. Divide into 8 equal portions (approximately  1/2 cup each) onto a sheet of waxed paper.
    Then lay a noodle on your  work surface  with short end facing you.
Spread one portion of the filling down the center, and roll it up. Place
seam side down in an 8"x 8" baking pan that has been lightly  sprayed
with Pam and wiped over   with a paper towel. Repeat with  the rest of the noodles and filling. The eight noodles fit nicely into that size pan.
     In a smaller   bowl, combine the rest of the orange zest with the tomatoes, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Pour the sauce over the lasagna
rolls, cover baking dish with foil, and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. (The original recipe said to bake uncovered, but I found it tends to
dry the sauce and  the edges of the noodles.)
       I like this  recipe because of the nice combination of flavors:
the orange and the nutmeg   with the ricotta and  spinach, and because
it looks so attractive when it's sliced on your plate.  I've thought of
using regular spaghetti sauce over the rolls, but I'm afraid the seasonings would overpower the more delicate flavors in the recipe. Feel free to
change to your liking.
  And  again, thanks for all your good ideas and good recipes.
   Margaret