Re: cream soup substitute

Here is a recipe I have used for a long time.

ALL PURPOSE CREAM SAUCE MIX

2 cups instant nonfat sry milk
3/4 cups cornstatch
1/4 cup instant buoullon ( chicken, beef or vegetable)
4 teaspoons instant minced onions
1/2 teaspoon pepper
In storage container with tight -fitting lid, combine all ingredients;
mix well. seal tightly. store in cool, dry place, Stir or shake well before
use. Use as directed in recipes below.

TO SUBSTITUTE FOR CONDENSED CREAM SOUP:
combine 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup sauce mix in small saucepan;
blend well. cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture boils;
simmer 1 minute, stirring constanly. Equals 1 can condensed cream soup

TO SUBSITATUTE FOR A MEDIUM WHITE SAUCE:
combine 1 cup water and 1/4 cup sauce mix in small saucepan; blend well.
cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or untill mixture boils, stirring
constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chopped
mushroms or othe ingredients as desired for flavored sauces.

TO SUBSITUTE FOR A THIN WHITE SAUCE FOR USE IN CREAM SOUPS;
combine 1 cup water and 3 tablespoons sauce mix in small saucepan; blend
well. cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture boils. stiring
constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.

I have been lurking for a while now and thought it was time I gave a little
in return for for the good help I have got. Hope this recipe fits the guide
lines.

Beverly