Herbs

This is a great time to start experimenting with culinary herbs.  Go to
your local nursery and you'll find small plants already started.  I use
basil and oregano mostly, but chives, parsley, marjoram, and thyme are
also great.  They can take full sun, you can put them in a pot or put
them directly in the ground.  I make my own pesto with my basil and put
the herbs in all my sauces. Fresh is so much better! For pesto, I use
fatfree italian dressing instead of oil.