Soup

I have been a lurker here for a few weeks and thought I would share the yummy
broccoli soup recipe I adapted to make it low fat.  I used to love cream of
broccoli soup and this is a good substitute.

Separate a head of broccoli into flowerets and slice the tender part of the
stalk.  Steam until tender.  Place in a sauce pan with 1/2 cup vegetable
broth and 1 small onion chopped very small.  Saute until onion is soft.
 Transfer mixture to blender and add another 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth.
 Puree until smooth.  Return to sauce pan and add salt and pepper to taste.
 Add a dash of cayenne pepper.  Add enough skim milk (you certainly could use
soy milk) to thin it to desired consistency.  Heat and stir just long enough
to incorporate ingredients.

Filling and yummy!
Barb