Re: fried gluten

> Date:          Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:04:22 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          Susan Lehman <lehman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:            fatfree list <fatfree@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject:       fried gluten

> On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Susan V. Scatena wrote:
>
> > Good morning. I went to a chinese restaurant last Saturday and had
> > something called "Vegetarian General Tso's Chicken". The waiter explained
> > it wasn't tofu, but it WAS very good....
> > rolled, small pieces you could eat on a toothpick.  The menu said it was
> > fried gluten.
> > Checked a bunch of veggie cookbooks, no dice.

Try these web sites for explanations etc.
http://nytsyn.com/live/Nutrition/135_051597_122201_3930.html
http://www.vrg.org/journal/vj96mar/vjseitan.htm
http://www.io.org/~john13/recipes/seitan.htm
http://nytsyn.com/live/Nutrition/135_051597_122201_3930.html
the last one is a positive wealth of information about all sorts of
things and well worth a look  - just use the http://nytsyn.com/live/Nutrition bit.

Have fun
Frances Watts
for CompuQuest & Net!Heads
UUNet Internet Africa - Stanger franchise