MARMITE

>It
>said on the label that you could spread it on toast, but I don't recommend
>that for those of us who didn't grow up with it.  It was pretty strong.  %^*
>I would love to know how to use it  if anyone has any ideas other than the
>ways we already use miso.

As Kate and Jane have indicated, Marmite is a tarry, yeasty, salty spread
that is either loved or hated.  Vegemite is the Aussie equivalent, but my
personal bias is to Marmite.  It's often spread on toast, sometimes cut
into 'fingers' to dunk into a soft boiled egg (but we don't do that sort of
thing) ;-)
I found that to have it on toast, bagels, or crispbread, the secret is to
spread it *really* thin.  It's also good spread on french bread torn into
chunks with a green salad on the side.  A friend of mine in the UK spread
Marmite like peanut butter (yuk) on white bread with brie cheese. Any ff
cheese sandwich would be good with the addition, though.
I've dry-fried mushrooms, then stirred in a bit of Marmite to the water
that has left the 'shrooms.  Blended with a touch of ff sour cream and
ground pepper, it's a great filling for a baked potato.
Good luck with it!

Sharon

Sharon M.  BSc(Hons)Ost, MRO
Reg'd Osteopath