No-Fat Chips (French Fries) and Tomato Chutney

I made some no-fat chips (French fries) the other night that were
fabulous, the best I have ever tried. Here's how I did it.
The exact timings for the microwave stage depend on the amount
of potato, the thickness of the chips and the watt rating of your
microwave.

This recipe is now on my web site
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0141/index.html

Also, I'm looking for a tomato chutney recipe, something cooked using
ripe tomatoes (or even canned), onions and sugar. No fat obviously. I did
have a fab recipe but I've lost it. TIA.

Kate

Instant No-Fat Chips
--------------------

for each person - 1 large potato (about 200g or 6-7 oz)

1. Slice the potatoes into chips (french fries). Place on a
plate in a radial fashion, ie around the edge with each chip pointing
toward the centre of the plate.

2. Microwave on HIGH for about 6 minutes, or until the chips
are soft and bendy but not too dried on the outside. Move them about
after 3-4 minutes and remove any smaller ones as they become soft.

3. When all the chips are cooked, place on a baking tray and
grill (broil) until browned, moving about and turning over so that
all sides get exposed to the direct heat.

4. Eat! Delicious!

Kate L ("for Leggings") Pugh               |      01865 - (2)73564
Oxford Centre for Mathematical Biology     |  Pigeonhole at Corpus Christi

 ************   http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0141/index.html  ******************