quick cajun salsa

Hi all,

A friend of mine brought over a bag of Tostitos baked tortilla chips this
weeked.  I had absolutely nothing in the house to use as a dip and I really
have never found a salsa that I liked, since I really am not a hot pepper
fan, and that seems to be the only thing that masks the peservative taste in
the jarred brands.  So I went rummaging through the cabinets, and this is
what I came up with:

1 can of cajun stewed tomato
@ 1/4 c. minced vidalia onion
1/2 clove minced garlic
juice of 1/2 lime
@ 1 T dried cilantro

I used my brand new hand blender (which I love already) and mixed it all up.
It was great!  I actually wrote down what I did for a change since it came
out so well.  The cajun flavoring was different, and just spicy enough.  My
friend likes spice, tho, so I found a little jar of salsa seasoning in the
back of the cabinet & let her go wild on her bowl.  I'd never tried the
flavored stewed tomatoes before, just bought the one can to try it out, but
I never thought of using them for a dip.

Gail
fearn@xxxxxxxx