Re: question

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Zoe Sodja wrote:

> This question is for Maralyn about the Bean Tagine - the recipe sounds very
> good. What is passata? Also how much is 250g dried fruit and 350ml passata?
> I'm also confused about the amount of beans - you said 500g packof beans -
> then you say for cans, either 2 x 400g or 1 x 400g and 2 x 300g - these
> amounts don't tally - the combinations are both different amounts and
> neither is 500g. Maybe part of the problem is I don't know how much 500g or
> 400g or 300g is either. Help!

Well, I can answer a couple of these questions.

250 g dried fruit would be a little over half a pound (454 g = 1 pound)
350 mL passata is about 1 1/2 cups (235 mL = 1 cup)

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)