Sloppy Joes

I do not recall who posted this recipe, but we use it all the time.
Instead of straight TVP, we substitute the bulk Nature Burger mix (we
mix it with a little water to give it more texture, kinda crumbly, not
to burger stage yet.)  I also increase the chili powder to about
2 *tablespoons* versus teaspoons.  It keep really well for a long
time...
Thanks to the original poster, this has become one of our staples.

SLOPPY JOES

Categories    : MAIN DISHES

   1 1/2  cups            water
   1      large              onion -- finely chopped
   1                           bell pepper -- finely chopped
   1      cup               TVP
  15      ounce can     tomato sauce
   1      tablespoon     sugar or other sweetner
   1      teaspoon       chili powder
   1      teaspoon       garlic powder
   2      tablespoons   cider vinegar
   1      tablespoon    soy sauce (lite or regular)
   1      teaspoon      dijon mustard
   4                    whole wheat buns -- toasted

Heat (medium-high) 1/2 cup water in a medium pot, then add chopped onion
and
bell pepper.  Reduce heat and cook until onion is soft, about 5
minutes.  Add
remaining cup of water, TVP, tomato sauce, sugar, chili powder, garlic
powder, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and mustard.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
Toast buns and top with mixture.

Felicia
Durham, NC