Re: Channa dal and bugs

OK, OK, Sarah G/Sandra Mort is being less lazy and pulled out Lord
Krishna's Cuisine, by Yamuna Devi.

Chana Dal:
A split and husked relative of chickpeas (cicer grietinum), perhaps the
most populart legume in india.... <remainder cut>

OK, so they're not chickpeas.  But they're not yellow split peas, either.

AND:
I have a long list of mail order sources here, but none have 800 numbers.
If you tell me what area code is local to you, I can give you a local
number to call.  OK?

-Sarah G. AKA Sandra Mort